It is not so
long ago that online shops entered our lives. Many were in denial about the
fact that this type of commerce would become vitally important. However, most
of those who have not adapted have lost a lot of customers and growth
opportunities. The same is happening with the metaverse. Those businesses that
are part of one are already receiving their first customers. How does it work
and why is it necessary to enter the metaverse for businesses?
WHAT IS THE METAVERSE FOR BUSINESSES?
Before explaining what the metaverse for businesses is, it is necessary to understand what this digital environment is and what it offers to those who visit it. For those looking to make a profit, it is not simply a game or entertainment, although this may be the basis on which customers access services.
The metaverse is a virtual world in which participants take on the form of an avatar. Through add-ons and devices, the experience becomes very real for the user, who can move freely, hold objects, sit and talk with friends, attend a concert and much more. As he moves around, he can see everything around him, such as advertising or other avatars. But he can also enter those places to which he is given access.
When a person enjoying themselves in the metaverse sees an interesting business, they can go over to see its shop window, and even have the possibility to interact and ask for more information, just as they would in real life. Those businesses that want to attract more customers have properties, such as buildings or premises that can be entered.
HOW MANY METAVERSES EXIST?
There is no single metaverse. Some are dedicated exclusively to gaming, while others are geared towards recreating cities in which to move around and enjoy walking, shopping, sitting and talking with friends and much more. The most notable example is Meta, Facebook's virtual world, which promises to become one of the most important. The variety of functions it is being built with, and the fact that millions of people are subscribed to one of the social networks that Mark Zuckerberg controls, makes it the strongest.
But this is not the only option. There are others that are not only based on the game, but that allow you to do what you would do in reality, but without physical limitations. For example, you can take a look at Decentraland or Cryptovoxels, two of the many that are emerging.
BUSINESSES WE CAN CREATE IN THE METAVERSE
The metaverse is becoming increasingly crowded. Many people are hooked on its possibilities, immersing themselves in the immersive experience of moving around a virtual city where all the possibilities are grouped in the same place. What options does it create for businesses?
- Home-delivered food - why leave the metaverse when hunger strikes? If a home delivery service is available, the option of creating a restaurant where orders can be placed is a good option.
- NFTS. NFTs are becoming increasingly popular. Digital collecting offers the exclusivity of physical collecting, but with a higher profit margin and the advantage that collectors do not need space in which to store their acquisitions. Creating and exhibiting works in a gallery is a good way to generate income.
- Concerts. Concerts in the metaverse have been a reality for some years now. Advertising in one of these events can give visibility to your business.
- Real estate. Real estate agencies are already making the most of this technology. Some not only offer virtual properties. Some have both ways of doing business, advertising houses in the metaverse or properties in reality. There are even some that sell the physical house and, if desired, its virtual replica.
- Fashion. Fashion is another of the strong points of the metaverse. As in the previous case, events are held for the presentation of new seasons or special launches. But there are also shops where you can buy clothes directly, as in a mixture of a physical shop and an online shop.